The HEPP program - Fall 2019
Grade 3: Use a B.A.B.E.S. curriculum. B.A.B.E.S. is an acronym for Beginning Alcohol
Basic Education Studies.
This curriculum covers health education lessons through storytelling with the use of
puppets. The curriculum covers self image, feelings, decision-making, peer pressure,
coping skills, alcohol information, and how to get help.
Grades 4-5: Integrate the Too Good for Drugs (TGFD) program into the HEPP
The program is evidence- based and focuses on reducing risk factors and building
protective factors that affect students in these age groups. TGFD focuses on developing personal and interpersonal skills to resist peer pressure, goal setting, decision making, having respect for self and others, and effective communication while providing the negative consequences of drug us.
The CAPS program - Spring 2020
● 3rd grade Steer Clear of Bullies A two-session multi-media workshop designed to promote empathy, social-skills building and assertiveness skills. January 13th and 14th.
● 5th grade girls Friendship Matters, Friendship Matters More! A workshop that is the prequel to What’s Up? Girl Talk Part I. This program helps to promote healthy friendships among, and uses the same one-hour small group
format as Girl Talk. January 16th.
● 6th grade Step Up and Speak Out A two-session multi-media workshop for students designed to help them understand and respond to bullying situations and empower the “silent majority” to safely intervene in bullying incidents. February 28th.
● 7th and 8th grade girls Step Up and Speak Out A workshop that defines and explores the impact of relational and physical aggression on girls friendships with one another. Grade 7 - January 21st and March 10th. Grade 8 Dates TBA.
● 5th Grade CyberSMARTZ A one-session multimedia workshop that focuses on cyberbullying and fostering safe, responsible behavior while managing the Internet and other digital technologies. Dates TBA.